Jan's Boutique has certain store policies to help maintain a organized and fair system in which all our customers can be best served. If you have any comments or suggestions regarding our store policies feel free to email our manager at email@example.com or you can write your comments to us---mail to: 406 Marlton Pike East, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 Attn: Paul
Jan's Boutique Store Policies
1. Some of our customers ask us Why our sales associates must help you thru-out your visit at Jan's. We are here to help first off because it is our job to serve you, unlike many other stores we are committed to one-on-one service. At times we can not have a sales associate available the moment you arrive because we tend to get slammed when we least expect it. All our sales girls may be with customers when you arrive in the store. We are by no means trying to ignore you, we may happen to be very busy the moment you may arrive. The most important reason we are here to help you is that "we" know how specific designers fit, our sales associates are well-trained to better help you pick the proper size(s) to try on. Also only our trained sales associates are allowed to help you zip your garment. In some instances friends or loved ones like to be involved but we can not allow this because all our dresses are fragile and must be treated in that manner, our sales associates know the limits when it comes to these dresses.
2. Because our clothes can be damaged no beverages or food is allowed in store! This includes sealed beverages including bottled water. Water can easily stain certain fabrics. Drinks can be left at the front counter.
3. Only 4 dresses are allowed at one time per customer. This doesn't mean you can't try on many other dresses, this only means you can only take 4 dresses into the dressing room at one time. This allows all our customers to see most of the dresses which are in stock.
4. If you special order a dress you must come into Jan's Boutique within 7 days of our phone call to you. The reason behind this policy is if in fact there was a problem wasn't caught then we can then re-order a new dress for you in time for your affair.
5. No men for any reason can be any where near our dressing rooms. Because our customers are undressing all men must be in our seating area at all times. Please note Jan's Boutqiue provides a plasma tv, magazines, newspapers and wi-fi internet access.
6. No jewelry on while trying on dresses. Due to the delicate nature of all our dresses no jewelry including all body piercings can be on while trying on dresses. Jewelry can pull and destroy our dresses.
7. When trying on prom dresses your must be accompanied with a parent in order to try on prom dresses.
8. While trying on dresses you must take off your shoes while stepping into the dress to prevent tears.
9. All dresses must be zippered by a sales associate. Because our zippers are delicate and can be easily broken, it must be slowly zipped only by a Jan's sales associate. There are no exceptions to this rule.
10. All eveningwear by all our designers run approximately two sizes smaller than your casual clothing. Because of this not every customer can try on a size smaller then you actually are. It is in Jan's Boutique sales associates discretion to let or not let any customer try on specific dresses. Dresses get stretched and zippers get strained and eventually break when our customers try on dresses too small. You will be one to two sizes larger in our eveningwear versus your street clothes.
11. Because at times Jan's Boutique gets very busy on the weekends and during the week it is quite possible you may not get greeted or attended immediately. This is not because we do not appreciate you stopping into our store but we get overwhelmed with customers at times. This is primarily due to the high volume of traffic that occurs during certain times of the day in which we can not control. It is our intention to personally wait on each and every customer that walks into Jan's Boutique but unfortunately at times we simply can't do so. Wait times can sometimes vary as long as 30 minutes especially during the weekends.
12. You must be accompanied with a sales associate into the dressing room to try on. Due to the fact that our dresses are delicate in nature an experienced sales associate can properly show you how to try on these dresses without damaging them.
13. You do not need to dress up to shop at Jan's Boutique. Jan's customers are on the go and sometimes visit us in their casual wear or work out clothing. You will not be frowned upon when entering our store. Please note if you have just visited the gym prior to coming to Jan's then it is not a good idea to try on formal wear after a workout.
14. You will be asked by every sales associate, "what is your price range"? before starting your search at Jan's. Because Jan's Boutique offers a wide assortment of prices by no means are we trying to find out if you can afford to shop at Jan's Boutique, everyone can typically afford to shop at Jan's because of our diverse retail price points. At Jan's our price range starts around $250 and goes up to $5000. We do not want to waste your time if a dress retails in the $5000 range when in fact your are in a search of a $500 dress.
15. Alterations must be paid in full at time of every customers first fitting. Alterations can be paid by credit card or cash.
16. Jan's can not formally quote alteration charges without one of the seamstresses physically seeing the dress you are purchasing on you. Because each dress differs in fabric and has or has not beading on it a standard price list is not available.
17. Jan's Boutique can not take any dresses off it's store window mannequins for the customer to try on. Jan's Boutique changes it's mannequins approximately every two weeks---if you wish to try on something that is on it's window mannequins then it can only be done when it is actually removed from the window.
18. Customers during the week are allotted 2+ hours to try on, during the weekend we wish to accommodate everyone and we can not allow more than 2 hours to try on dresses. Please note by no means do we not want to help you find a dress, we are simply trying to satisfy the large volume of people whom visit Jan's Boutique. Because during prom season (January thru May) we see our highest volume of customers, prom girls will be allotted 1+ hour on the weekday to try on and 1 hour on the weekend to try on,